Highland Spring drives
efficiency with Qlik
“Our aim is to provide wider access to data around the
organisation and to save time. It’s about ensuring that the
business is as efficient as possible. That not only makes us more
effective, but also helps us to improve customer service. Data Technology have helped us deploy Qlik within our commercial function and our marketing department to analyse external data. Furthermore we are using Alteryx to help us with data integration and blending to feed data into our manufacturing plant”
– Head of Information Systems at Highland Spring
- Complex data access and static reporting
- Creating dashboards was extremely time-consuming
- No ‘ready access’ to data and a heavy IT &
support burden due to a lack of self-service BI
- Due to “the best of breed” systems which have been deployed data integration, quality and blending were key issues
- Limited confidence in data and information
discovery by users, particularly the commercial team
Qlik deployed through Data Technology, as a stable and flexible BI platform to replace data load, analytics and reporting. The first app was delivered within 12 weeks and is now used across the enterprise – Exec, IT, Field Sales and in the Supply Chain. In Supply Chain the usage is for inventory and stock planning and movement to gain more accurate insight and quickly enable better planning and stock rotation.
Alteryx was also deployed for visual analysis, data blending and feeding manufacturing systems with timely data.
- A single version of the truth and ROI within 6 months
- Standardisation and automation of the supply chain process
- Budget process is more streamlined, sales forecast and performance now reviewed daily and reduced report turnaround times – all delivering
significant cost savings
- Resources freed up to focus on other issues and employees have a renewed interest and sense of ownership of their data
About Highland Spring
The Highland Spring Group is the UK’s largest bottled water company. We are proud to produce only naturally sourced bottled water. Our range includes some of the UK’s best loved brands such as Highland Spring, Speyside Glenlivet, Hydr8 and Hydr8 Flavours.
The Group supplies a range of private label flavoured and unflavoured waters to many of the UK’s major supermarkets and food service retailers, making us the UK’s leading supplier of private label bottled water.
Bottling over 470 million litres a year, and with a £100m turnover, the company has grown year-on-year since its origins back in the 1970s.
Hear from our other customers